Sunday, June 19, 2011

RAINY DAY


Many a people,
I've heard them say,
that good things happen,
on a sunny day...

But sitting here,
on this rainy day..
It ain't always so,
I would surely say...

My sleep was broken,
by my nokia tune..
And all around me,
were sleeping dunes...

My screen showed Imran,
and I cursed out loud..
I looked out the window,
and saw the black cloud...

Reluctantly at first,
towards the field I marched..
The ground was grassy,
all muddy and patched...

The coin was tossed,
and god stood by us..
We opted to bat,
without much fuss...

The inning started,
with Gowtham and Imran..
From then on my dear,
the score just ran..

The opening was great,
they put up a good score..
Then Imran went down,
but not the score...

Ranjith sir took the bat,
and the score further ahead..
Gouthi came down,
when we were far ahead...

Then came saxena,
and took his stand..
The pair stood there,
and made a score grand...

We ended the innings,
on a cool ninety five..
We took to the field,
inspired and live...

We broke down on them,
really quick and hard..
They tumbled beneath us,
like a pack of card...

They fell to our blow,
with just fifty five..
We shouted and cheered,
like a buzzing hive...

Sitting here now,
I will surely say..
That good things happen,
even on a rainy day...

-joker-

No comments:

Post a Comment