Sunday, June 26, 2011

Apology

How I came close to you, I don't know,
How I earned your trust, I remember not..
Yet in the race called life, we ran together.
Either the beginning or the end, I remember not...

A man of principles, a man of dreams,
A man one could trust, I knew you thus..
Troubled and hurt, though you hid them all,
And in the darkest of nights, you cried alone...

I saw you succumb, to defeated dreams,
And swore to myself, to wipe your tears..
To forget the dreams broken, to forget the past,
to start dreams new, I tried to teach you...

And you did so, giving me hope.
You wiped out your past and began afresh..
I walked with you, prodding you on..
And one great day, you told me your dream...

I swore to god and I swore to you,
that I shall make you dream come true..
I walked with you, as a friend should do,
I gave you hope, when you felt too low...

Never did I know, never did I dream,
never did I ever dare to think..
That I shall be the one, to make you cry..
That a day shall come, I dared not think...

Now when I know, it's all too late..
I dread to look, at my own hands,
that holds the axe, to cut your head..
It has to fall and it has to be me...

It is our fate and I hate that word,
but it has to be and it shall be..
There's nothing I can do, but say this much,
I'm sorry my friend, for now and ever...

I made you live, in dreams impossible,
I made you hope, things you should never have..
And when you most needed me,
I pulled the trigger, that crushed your dreams...

I apologise my friend, not for the final blow,
but making you incapable, to stand it alone..
I apologise my friend, not for the fall,
but for taking you up, the steepest of hills...

-joker-

No comments:

Post a Comment