Tuesday, July 5, 2011

RAHEEM (my first story)

Raheem is happy because he is lucky or so his mother, Fathima, says. He doesn't know what she means but according to her he's lucky because he's alive. He way have lost a leg but he's still alive and that's all that matters to her. She had lost 5 of her children and her husband to the war. So a crippled child was a very good bargain.
They live on the outskirts of a village (I'll not mention the name or that may start another war). Fathima kept her child away from all the other children or any other human being.
Raheem remembers nothing of the bomb that fell on his home three years back when he was just five.
Fathima keeps telling her child that it is normal for children to have only one leg and the other wil grow when he grows up. "one day when you wake up you will also have two legs. Every night pray to god that your legs grow fast.." she says to him.
And every night he prays " oh god.! I know that my leg won't grow but please don't let my mother know.. Do me a favor god.. Don't make othe children like me. Save them or kill them but don't make them like me.."
Raheem is happy because his mother says so..

-joker-

2 comments: