Friday, August 8, 2014

Ballad Of Pain

And in blood shall I write
this tale of mine;
All bloody and foul,
nothing divine...

Across miles from where I stand,
all around,
heads, limbs and charred bones
on the ground...
Trees cut and ripped apart-
bloody all..
Me alone, cry and shout
and unheard call;
to nobody, though to all,
help I seek.
Through eyes closed with gushing tears
I try to peek...

Oh! the sight that met my eyes
stops my heart..
And then again, in a sudden rush,
it again start.
Pumping hard, and harder still,
it fills me up.
The pressure in me and the heat,
building up..
And in a rush, all at once,
I blow apart..
Once again I was killed
by my heart...

Lo behold!! there I was
born again..
For seconds few or even less,
I was sane...
I looked upon the bloodied parts
all around..
parts of me, was all I saw,
strewn around...
Cut, torn and left to rot,
I saw myself;
A thousand me or maybe more
beyond help...

Down came, out of the blue
a giant knife
and chopped me down, bit by bit,
and took my life..
I felt the pain burning through
with every blow..
I felt the life drain out of me,
reluctantly slow..

And as the pain was overcome
with calm and peace,
and in death's welcoming arms,
I felt at ease,
I was jerked back to life-
made whole again;
and thus goes on, my bloody tale-
the ballad of pain...



No comments:

Post a Comment